Thursday, January 29, 2009

Can Anyone Tell Me Which Box My Scarf Is In?

I'm sure everyone has heard about it by now but in case you haven't, last week South Carolina was hit hard with snow. It was mass chaos. All the news would talk about was the snow that was HEADING STRAIGHT TOWARDS US! Schools were cancelled hours before the first snowflake had been spotted, grocery stores were mobbed, there were reports that there wasn't a snowplow to be found in the entire state. The next morning we were greeted by this gruesome sight:
Can you even imagine how many seconds I had to devote to removing all that snow from my windshield???
After shoveling our way out of the house, we got Maya dressed so she could enjoy a rare South Carolina encounter with snow. This really couldn't have come at a better time. Maya has been learning about snow in school and has been talking about it non-stop. She would run up to me and tell me it was snowing and we would make pretend snowballs. She never seemed to understand why I would always pretend to throw my snowballs at her or seem to grasp the concept of a snowangel. I'm just glad she was able to see it and touch it.
After several hours, Jason and Maya were able to find enough snow to make a snowball.

No comments: