Tuesday, May 26, 2009

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

Last weekend we moved Maya into a toddler bed. We kept her in her crib for so long because she wasn't trying to climb out and, well, we weren't about to rock the boat. So at first she wanted to sleep in our bed, then asked to sleep on the couch, and then she was asking to sleep on the floor next to her crib. We finally realized that she was ready for a toddler bed.

Oh, and we were one step ahead of her! We were smart and bought a convertible crib! No need to bother with finding a toddler bed; it's already built in! So smart! So simple! So high off the ground! At the lowest setting, the bed came to Maya's waist, so we needed to get a safety rail. For the low price of $70 we could get a rail to make our convertible crib usable. Fantastic. We ended up just getting a toddler bed and saving some money.

Maya was a ball of excitement as Jason put her new bed together. As soon as the mattress was in place she jumped in and demanded that we leave so she could take her nap. Hey, no problem!! The last thing I want to do is stand in the way of your nap! By all means, nap away! But she didn't. And she has failed to take a nap for the past week. We've been able to get her to understand that she isn't supposed to get up until AFTER the sun wakes up and she even goes to bed pretty easily. But no naps. The twisted thing is that she will fall asleep in the car and stay asleep until 2 seconds after I have laid her down in her bed, only to wake up with an evil smile on her face declaring "No Mommy, I awake!" In my nap deprived state I've started to take this personally.

But HA! Yesterday as I tried, yet again, to put her down for a nap, I told her I would keep singing until she fell asleep. She was out within 3 songs. Who knew such a bad voice would pay off so big?


No comments: