Sunday, August 14, 2011

First Day of School


My monkey is a kindergartner. I thought it was going to be difficult walking her in for her first day of school, but since she's been in "school" since she was two, it was extremely easy. At least for that first day. I started feeling some apprehension on Wednesday when Maya's teacher reminded us that the kids need to start walking to class by themselves. I would be lying if I said I didn't have to keep myself from blurting out "Do you have kids? Do you really know what this feels like? Why do you assume my 5 year old can walk to class ALL BY HERSELF???" Thankfully I was able to stop myself from being labeled as "that crazy mom."

So, yeah, maybe I could take it down a few dozen notches.


Maya painted and cut out her hand print the night before school. As we were preparing to leave, she announced that she made it for her teacher so she could know how big she was. World's cutest kid? Definitely.


1 comment:

Bringing Up Boys said...

They grow so fast don't they? Kindergarten will be a great year for her! Hope you all are doing well, sending hugs all the way from Virginia!