We've been facing some serious sleep issues with Maya lately. Basically, she doesn't want to go to sleep or stay asleep or let us leave her room so that she might have a chance at falling asleep. I feel stupid saying that we have tried to discuss this with her but, really, at this point she's too old to "cry it out" and too young to reason with but we had to try. Sometimes she does respond, saying that she knows it's time for bed and that she wants to be a good girl and go to sleep; then she wakes up crying at 2 a.m., refuses to go back to sleep and doesn't take a nap or anything until 8 that evening. That was an extreme case but she's been fighting sleep for the last few months.
Things have improved the last couple of nights *knock on wood, knock on wood* so I'm hoping that the 'sleep free' phase is over and this 33 month old is ready to consider sleeping through the night.
There must be a good reason for all of this, because I know that she comes from people who enjoy their sleep. Jason and I fantasize about sleeping in and I don't believe it's possible to nap for less than an hour. And we can't forget about Uncle Mo, when that boy falls asleep you don't know when you might see him next.
2 comments:
TRY LEAVING THE BEDROOM DOOR OPEN!!
I do love my 3 hour naps.
Post a Comment