Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's Flat Aubrie!

We were lucky to have another visit from Flat Aubrie this year. Maya's cousin, Aubrie, sent a flat version of herself for us to photograph and send back to her school. This time we made sure to take her around town, including the zoo. I really wanted to get a picture of her next to a gorilla, but when we checked out the exhibit, the gorillas were out of sight. We decided to check back later and I'm glad we did because one eventually came around and hung out for a while. The zoo was surprisingly busy for a Friday morning and all of the parents were scrambling to get their kids into position for a picture next to the gorilla. They were fast, but I was faster:


I was impressed with how everyone waited patiently as I took several pictures of the gorilla with Flat Aubrie. Not a single weird look or comment.

No comments: