*This year's tribute brought to you by John Rhoades, with special thanks to Courtney Rhoades for the design.
We are creating this site so our family near and far can watch Maya grow. We love you all.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Ye Olden Times
Uncle Ron gave an interesting speech at the family reunion about how our ancestors made their way across Pennsylvania and Ohio into Indiana. They made their way through forests in wagons and on foot, with nothing but the twinkie to see them through. Our ancestors braved the harsh conditions that were common when traveling in the early 1800s: fording rivers, managing snakebites, constant bouts of dysentery, frequent stops to shoot buffalo, stopping to bury those that had died of drowning or snakebites or dysentery or cholera or fever, and of course nagging children. You see, it was the twinkie that these brave pioneers relied on. Leaning heavily on the sugar to get through the midday slump and quiet any children of their nonstop questions of "Are we there yet?" These twinkies were their driving force and because of that we honor them with a twinkie tower*. At least I think that's what Uncle Ron was saying; I wasn't really paying attention. Anybody want to play Oregon Trail?

*This year's tribute brought to you by John Rhoades, with special thanks to Courtney Rhoades for the design.
*This year's tribute brought to you by John Rhoades, with special thanks to Courtney Rhoades for the design.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes anna, I believe that is right! hahaha. can't wait until next year's story of our past =)
Anna It was amazing to see that thing being eatin it was deffinetly funny to see a twinkie tower! :) And I can't wait to sit there but not pay atention next year1 LoL I wanna have fun... :)
Post a Comment